- We highly recommend destination weddings! Having been a bride here myself, I’m happy to share what I know as you are planning your destination wedding. We were married on the white sand beach here in Kona in 2013. We walked a few yards further to host the reception at the best Luau on the Island. They did all the work for us, authentic Hawaiian dinner, unlimited Mai Tais, leis for everyone, fire dancing and Polynesian entertainment!
- The best part of our wedding was spending a week here with family, and creating unforgettable memories in paradise. No need to go any further for your honeymoon — you’re already here!
- Our home has four bedrooms, each with a queen size bed. One of our rooms also has the ability to have a second queen size bed (the Garden Room), so an intimate family reunion is possible here. Keep in mind that we are not suitable for children (under age 18) and we are a non-smoking facility.
- As soon as you touch down on the Hawaiian shores, slather on sunscreen, even if it’s a little cloudy. The topical sun is deceptively strong and you don’t want a burnt nose in your photos, or to be suffering from sunburn on your honeymoon.
- Get local professional advice on picking a location. It may be from your officiant or wedding planner if you’re having one. They know all the best spots.
- Choose a wedding site that has a diversity of beautiful nature backgrounds, convenient access and a sense of privacy for your intimate event.
- If you’d prefer a garden wedding have a look at Mermaid Dreams B&B. A perfect location for your ceremony and reception!
- Hire a local professional photographer. You will not be disappointed. Everyone back home will be asking you about your wedding. So much easier to show them. And you will want to look back at your photos and be reminded of the beauty of your wedding for years to come. A professional doesn’t run out of memory, captures those precious, unexpected moments, is familiar with our lighting and able to film the changing hues of the sunset.
- When you’re picking an officiant/wedding planner, choose someone you feel comfortable with, who has a great track record and who listens well.
- Make sure you wear leis for your ceremony. The Hawaiian lei ritual can only happen here and the feeling of your sweetheart lovingly placing flowers or a leaf lei around you is indescribable.
- Imagine your dream wedding vision, what you have always wanted to make you happy, and give it to yourself. If you need to strategize or minimize, choose it in some other area that isn’t so key to your heart. You should be special everyday. At least let it be on your wedding day.
- Elopements are definitely “in” these days. Have a fun, stress-free reception party later for your family and your friends to share your wedding experience with them.
- If you are writing your own vows, make promises you can keep.
- What to wear at your wedding? Anything goes. What fits your wedding vision? What do you want to be looking at in your photos? Be gorgeous, handsome, comfortable and be you!!!!
Let us help you surprise your sweetheart with a romantic getaway for two. This package includes assistance making dinner reservations, adventure ideas, discounts at the nearby spa, breakfast in bed, fresh flower lei greeting upon arrival at Bed & Breakfast, turn down service with chocolates, and bubbly libations. Great for honeymooners! Two nights stay, warm breakfasts and special treatment for only $175 more. Cost of room depends on room choice.